Monday, October 19, 2009

Warming Trend




Starkville~
Goodmorning Everyone! We finally had a rain-free weekend due in part of dry, cool air coming from the north. Well, a cool start to your Monday as we got down to the lower 30s last night, but we'll start to warm up here in a little bit. Actually, we have a bit of a warming trend starting today as winds begin to shift from the northeast to the south. With this change in wind direction, it will impact our weather by giving us warmer and pleasant temps not just for today but for the rest of the week. So, for most of today we should see clear skies as highs approach the upper 60s under high pressure. Tonight, lows will be slightly warmer than last night with lower 40s and a clear night. Tuesday will be much warmer as that return flow out from the gulf will give us pleasant well into the mid 70s for most of today. When I say return flow, I basically mean southern air flowing from the south. For Tuesday, you can expect temperatures in the mid 40s. Now by Wednesday, things begin to change for us as models are anticipating a cold front to swing through. With this cold front, rain should return back into our forecast but keep it here at my weather blogspot and I'll tell you more about this upcoming front on Wednesday! In the meantime, go out and enjoy these fall temperatures and God bless!
Also, I just want to share some news with you. Today, on the campus of Mississippi State University is the start of a new look of our broadcasting system called CampusConnect Forecast. MSU is known for its excellent forecasters that graduate from the meteorology program here and I am very blessed to be apart of it. I'm proud to say that we have excellent students as well as professors. I'm excited about everything thats going on and I'm ready for what God has in store for me. Basically, you'll get to see me doing both forecasting and radio shows as well as the continuance of my blogs both here as well on the campusconnect website. It'll not only be myself that will be doing these but also my classmates as well, so you'll get to see there passion for the weather and also why MSU has one of the best meteorology program if not the best program in the nation. I would like for you all to help and encourage us to do our very best that we may grow to be some of the best meteorologist in the nation. Thank you all for your support and I'll be sure to have both my weathercast and radiocast here at my blogsite but also be sure to check us all out at http://www.campusconnectforecast.blogsite.com/. Also, special thanks goes to Renny Vandewege for making all of this happen. Thanks!
Now, go ahead and listen to my first radio forecast at: http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=223314718.wav




No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones