Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow Keeps Falling On My Head

Hi everyone and I hope all is well with you. I hope you all had a lovely Super Bowl Sunday and enjoyed game. I certainly did especially with my prediction of the Green Bay Packers winning the game.

Well, we started this week out with late showers for Sunday night into early Monday morning. There was no winter weather involved with this rain, but for Wednesday we could have a bit of snow falling particularly in our northern counties. Northern counties above Interstate 20 are expected to have around 2-3" of snow. Below I have two NWS maps that depicts when the snow will start to arrive and forecasted amounts that could fall in each region.

As the picture above illustrates, rain and our chance for snow should begin around Wednesday afternoon mainly in the form of wintry mix. So a mix between rain and snow during the afternoon, but at this time I don't foresee any accumulations with this during the early part of Wednesday afternoon.


Wednesday night would give us the best chance of receiving any possible snow accumulations. So far, models show the Jackson region not really getting full accumulations but of course all this could change. Most of your snow will likely fall north. There will certainly be a Winter Storm Warning for this system.

I will have full details on what to expect concerning snow amounts coming up tomorrow. God bless!



P.S.- Be sure to vote on this week's poll question, "Lowest temperature ever recorded?" You can find it on the right of the page under Subscribe to my blog. Thank you!

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones